Sunday School is an integral part of our Church. it is going strong each year since its inception in 1987. Currently 38 students actively enrolled in Sunday school. We give great importance to our Syrian Orthodox faith. Each Sunday during the general session we discuss the importance of the day (gospel reading of the day), the customs and traditions of our faith before starting the regular Sunday school classes.
Academic year starts in January and ends in mid-December and no regular classes are held during the summer months (July and August). During summer months students attend VBS, practice Holy Qurbana liturgies, and work on special projects.
St. George Youth League consists of young adults fourteen years of age and older seeking to grow in the Syrian Orthodox faith. Our members provide support, service, education, and fellowship for the younger generation of our Church and the greater community. Our goals are to enhance spiritual growth and to help develop a Christian character among the youth.
The Women’s League members meet every Sunday following the Holy Qurbana and is usually presided by Achan.
• Song, bible reading, Bible discussion
• Discussion and planning of current activities
• Organize Easter and X-mas food catering
• Organize monthly church prayer meeting
• Charity work: provide financial assistance to support individuals in Kerala (medical, educational etc.)
• Fundraising for church building
• Actively participating in women’s league regional conferences and annual family conference.
• Actively involving with X-mas caroling
• Visit sick individuals in the church community, providing emotional and spiritual support.
• Provide financial contribution to the humanitarian projects of the different THIRUMENEES periodically vising from Kerala.